Wednesday, December 16, 2009

To kiss or not to kiss - that is THE question

I recently went out with a man for the first time. The date was actually surprisingly good; perhaps the bottle of wine had something to do with that. The conversation flowed and drinks turned into dinner. During dinner I was asked how I thought the date was going, which through me off guard, I was not surprised he was into me, as it was quite obvious, but I still was not sure. My date was a gentleman and walked me to my car (or if I am particularly pessimistic on a day – I could say that I’d prefer that not to happen for safety reasons, more about that another time). We wrapped things up by suggesting a second date and said good night, and he comes in for a kiss…I turn my cheek for a kiss there, it was obvious that he was surprised by this. It was a blistering night, so I drove him to his car, which was a few blocks away, at which time he kissed me for real, after I tried to turn again. Is the first date too soon to exchange salvia? I think it is if you are looking for something more than a fling/one night stand. Exchanging salvia is intimate. Even Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman didn’t kiss on the lips. Kissing is important, it is a precursor for more to come as well as letting me know if I’d want to date this man again based on how well he can kiss me. So while first kisses are important in many ways, you don’t want to rush it either. So it remains, to kiss or not to kiss on the first date - that is the question.

1 comment:

  1. See, I DO kiss on the first date. But there is a difference between kissing and french kissing. I think its ok to have a little kiss on the lips, let it linger for just a second, and then pull away. NO SALIVA. Then you let him know you're definitely interested as more than a friend, but that you're setting boundaries. Its just too hard to do that with NO contact. He's honestly gonna think you're not interested. PLUS, if you're like me, you are incredibly hard to read, and guys dont know whats going in your mind. Like you said, you thought it was obvious you were interested, but he didn't because he had to ask you about it. Just some food for thought :)

    ReplyDelete