Wednesday, December 16, 2009

First Date Decisions

I was asked on a first date - but yet, somehow I was also asked to pick the time and place we met. Now, I might be a little old fashioned here, but if someone is going to ask me out – they should also have a plan. Indirectly let me know you put time and thought into our date. I stressed out a little, asking for recommendations and finally decided on a place. It all worked out and the date went smoothly. He asked to see me again, I agreed, as I usually do to a second date provided there wasn’t reason enough to say no way. During the conversation he again asked me to determine what I would like to do. A moment of hesitation passed, and I said, honestly, you already have one strike because I had to decide on the first date, I will not make the next decision. He was a little taken aback and confirmed my friend’s assumption that he only wanted to make me happy and comfortable by doing what I want. My thought is that one the guy is lazy, two he doesn’t care, or three he isn’t really too interested in courting me. Did I just say courting? Anyway, the point is, the man should be doing this initial work. I will be more than happy to veto a decision if I am uncomfortable but for the most part, I am just along for the ride to determine a good fit. Perhaps next time I should just ignore any date that asks me to make the plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment